Saturday, March 23, 2019

How the Bible Describes Angels


How the Bible Describes Angels
The Holy Bible has so many to say on Angels, Here are some points to remember:
Angels are referred to as masculine, although neither do they have a sexual distinction nor do they marry.
In the Bible we see large numbers of Angels many times.
Angels are very fast; they have great speed.
Angels are very strong but they are not all powerful (omnipotent).
Angels are very wise
Some Angels are good and some angels are evil; the evil ones are called demons.
The Angelic Host
1 At creation
Job 38:7
 when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
2 At the Giving of the Law
Galatians 3:19 
Why then the law?
It was added because of transgressions, until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place through angels by an intermediary.
3 At the Birth of Jesus
Luke 2:13-14 (KJV)
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
4 At the Temptation of Christ
Matthew 4:11 
Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.
5 At the Resurrection of Christ
Matthew 28:2 
And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it.
6 When Christ Comes Again
Mark 8:38 
For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Angel’s Ministry
1 They Minister to God
Psalms 148:1-2 
Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; praise him in the heights! Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his hosts!
2 They Minister to Man as Messengers
Luke 1:13 
But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zechariah, for your prayer has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.
3 They Minister to Man as Guardians
Daniel 6:22 
My God sent his angel and shut the lions’ mouths, and they have not harmed me, because I was found blameless before him; and also before you, O king, I have done no harm.
4 They Minister to the Needs of Believers
Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?
On My birthday
I just need a prayer to be at peace with myself.
I’m tired of fighting daily with my self esteem and self image.
Each year when it’s my birthday in this month I never feel happy because nobody except for a few of my close friends celebrate it.
I just for once to be happy with me and my life. I need to stop being jealous of everyone else’s lives, because I feel have nothing.
Truly
Daly felicitus
Daly -The Bible Homiletics

1 comment:

  1. This is more interesting and educative .Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete