Wednesday, January 30, 2019

How to apply the word in our daily life


How to apply the word in our daily life
By. Rev. Samuel S Konjah, Ghana, West Africa.

Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me.   (Psalm 119:133, ESV)
Let such a person understand that what we say by letter when absent, we do when present.  (2 Corinthians 10:11, ESV)
Use the word of God as:
1. Standard of conduct
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.  5 "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.  6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.  7 "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.  8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.  9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.  10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  11 "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.  12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.  (Matthew 5:3-12, ESV)
2. Light for guidance
*for directions
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.   (Psalm 119:105, ESV)
The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.   (Psalm 119:130, ESV)
[31/01 1:49 am] Divine Push: * for decision
1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.  2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.  (Romans 12:1-2, ESV)
3. Rock of assurance
* Salvation
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.  (1 John 5:13, ESV)
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into
judgment, but has passed from death to life.  (John 5:24, ESV)
* Forgiveness
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  (1 John 1:9, ESV)
* Victory
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,  39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  (Romans 8:37-39, ESV)
4. Sword against the devil
*Spiritual warfare
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh.  4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.  5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,  (2 Corinthians 10:3-5, ESV)
and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,  (Ephesians 6:17, ESV)
*Temptation
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.  (1 Corinthians 10:13, ESV)
Look at Matthew 4:1-11 too
5. Food for growth
*Milk
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation-  (1 Peter 2:2, ESV)
*Meat
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,  13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child.  14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.  (Hebrews 5:12-14, ESV)
6. Answers to problems
* When fearful or anxious
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?   2 When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall.   3 Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.   4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.   5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.   6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the LORD.   (Psalm 27:1-6, ESV)
* when discouraged or depressed
1 I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.   2 My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad.   3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!   4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.   5 Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.   6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.   7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.   8 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!   9 Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack!   10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.   (Psalm 34:1-10, ESV)
* When frustrated
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.  3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.  4 In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.  5 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him.   6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."   7 It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?  (Hebrews 12:1-7, ESV)
* When in trouble
6 "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near;   7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.   8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.   9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.   10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,   11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.   (Isaiah 55:6-11, ESV)
*When bereaved
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.  14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.  15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.  16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.  17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.  18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.  (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, ESV)
God bless us all. I pray for you and myself that the Lord will guide us to how to apply the word in our daily life to always overcome the enemy and live a victorious life in Christ Jesus.
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment